Kids Marine Biology Summer Camp
Our exciting camps are full of hands on activities that are bound to thrill and amaze any child interested in our marine world.
Based in the Sea Scouts Centre in Bray, we introduce children to a whole host of sea creatures, including baby sharks, rays, starfish, crabs and lots more.
They also get a chance to discover nature outdoors with our enthusiastic and experienced team of marine biologists. Planned outdoor activities include a rockpooling trip, sand castle competitions and birdwatching trips.
The camp includes:
- Qualified marine biologists and small class sizes ensuring the best possible learning experience for your child.
- A touchpool containing live sea creatures, including starfish, shrimp, anemones, crabs and sea snails.
- Rockpooling and beach trips, including a sand castle competition and lessons on how to recognise and identify marine animals and seaweeds.
- A birdwatching and sealwatching excursion with good quality binoculars and a spotting scope.
- A visit to the Sea Life Centre in Bray with a guided tour of the aquarium.
- Participation in our marine conservation projects, eg. the Purse Search Shark and Ray Eggcase Sightings Scheme and Bray Head Seal, Dolphin and Porpoise Recording Scheme.
- Arts and crafts activities, including a class on how to make shark and ray eggcase necklaces.
- A follow up marine wildlife education pack and goodie bag with posters, stickers, worksheets and quizzes.
- A certificate of course attendance.
Ages: 6 to 12 year olds
Dates and Times:
Summer Camp : August 5th to 9th or August 12th to 16th 2013 10 to 14.00
Halloween Camp: October 29th to November 1st, 15.00 to 17.30
Price: From €99 to €160 per child (Discount available for early bird and group bookings)
Location: Bray Sea Scouts Centre, Bray Harbour, Co. Wicklow
Children will need to bring a packed lunch and suitable clothing for field trips (more information provided on registration).
Bookings can be made online at www.marinedimensions.ie or by calling or emailing Marine Dimensions; Tel: 01 2828876, Email: email@example.com.
Places are limited so early booking is advised to secure place.