Reply to comment
Orthotics for Children
Orthotics (also known as orthotic insoles, shoe inserts, or orthoses) are specially fitted, flexible insoles, that correct specific foot imbalances that may causing pain or problems.
Children as young as 2 years of age can start wearing orthotics, however, they should only be ordered at the request of the child’s Family Doctor or from your Podiatrist.
Some of the following conditions could require orthotic therapy:
- children who either intoe or out-toe
- children who develop foor pain or pain in their ankles, knee’s or legs, especially with walking, general playing, or when active in sports (they may even wake up in the night crying due to pain)
- children who are always tripping/falling or have a very awkward gait
- significant misalignment of their lower body
- very “abnormal wear” patterns on their shoes