Challenge Number 8!
Today's Challenge is...
introduce jogging to your walks!!
This week we want you to increase the difficulty a little, by "upping" the pace a little, by introducing short intervals of jogging into your 30min, walking programme.
- Walk the first 5mins to warm-up.(also use this time to mentally prepare yourself to commit to completing the next phase)
- Now, here we go - let's break into a gentle jog, nothing too fast, we want you to be able to keep jogging for ONE MINUTE. (it will feel like a very loooong minute but don't give up - you CAN do this)
- Okay, back down to walking for 90seconds. Don't allow your walking pace to drop down to a "dilly-dally"!! Walk with purpose but we still want to use this time to catch our breath.
- After 90seconds walking, up we go again to a jog for 1 minute.
- Repeat this 8 times ie. ( 60secs Run : 90 secs Walk ) X 8 = total 20min.
- Finish off with a 5min walk to cool down.
We would really like to know how you are getting on with our Challenges by posting in the comment box below.