This is a basic coronation chicken recipe which I use for my leftover roast chicken, particularly if I've made a roast on a Sunday. You can tweak the fillings to the tastes that your children have and I prefer it on crackers but it's perfect in wraps, sandwiches, pitta breads and on its own.
- 200g leftover chicken or cooked chicken pieces
- Fresh Rocket
- Handful of Raisins & Sultanas
- 1 red pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Mild Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 large bowl
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 chopping board
- 1 large spoon
- 1 small bowl
- In the small bowl place the raisins & sultanas, pour over the orange juice and place in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. If you don't have a microwave pour the orange juice over the fruit 2 hours in advance to let it soak through. Using it is a cheat to save time.
- Chop the spring onion and red pepper into equal sized small pieces.
- Tear the chicken into bitesized chunks.
- Place the chicken, spring onions and red pepper into the large bowl.
- Drain the raisins of any excess liquid and add to the large bowl too.
- Place the mayonnaise and curry powder into the large bowl & stir well.
- Divide into 4 small cups, cover with cling film and place into a lunchbox along with a handful of rocket leaves and crackers or wrap.
- To serve you simply assemble yourself. It stops the crackers or wrap from going soggy!
This recipe, and more, is available on Wholesome Ireland
If you have tried this recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below
Did you like this article? Sign up for our free newsletter (be sure to tick Food!) and join us on facebook and follow us on Twitter
Organic Online supermarket for Home Delivery, Office Fruits and Wholesale. Great Local, Seasonal Organic Produce, great Brands, great Value, great Service
www.SecretFashionFixes.ie is a One-Stop-Shop for Innovative and Quirky Problem-Solving Fashion Products & Accessories. Our unique and ingenious fashion fixes are specifically designed to make life a little easier for any woman who wants to look her best. www.SecretFashionFixes.ie has a solution to help ladies stay beautiful and make the most of their wardrobe.